Friday 23 August 2013

Work In Progress : Renwick Cushion

I was getting super bored with knitting my jumper, I needed another knitting project. So out came the knitting magazines and searching the internet for a pattern that took my fancy.

My grandparents bought me a 400g ball of Wendy Aran a couple of years ago, I have been saving it for something I really wanted to knit it with.

I fell in love with the Renwick Cushion pattern from Knit Now Issue 16. I am knitting it in Wendy Aran in Shade 463, 75% Acrylic and 25% Wool. It is lovely to knit with. The pattern is so easy to follow, with a simple cable. It is enough to hold my attention as it has been growing quickly and I am loving the effect of the cable.



I started knitting it yesterday morning, and after three hours or so this is the result.


Here I have finished the first 48 rows, and started on the next 38 rows to complete the front of the cushion. The little flower in the middle of the cables is really effective. 

Since knitting this, it has barely touched my 400g ball of Aran. I plan to make a set for my bed. I may even do a blanket/throw to match. Depends if I still love the design after I have finished the cushion set!

Nikki xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment